How to Prepare Seamoss Gel in 9 Simple Steps
- Place desired amount of sea moss in a large bowl, and pour water over it.
- Add 2-3 times more water than Sea Moss.
- Cover the moss completely
- Let the covered Sea Moss sit overnight.
- After sitting overnight, rinse at least 3x to remove any left over sand, salt, and the occasional sea shell.
- Bring water to boil (2x the amount of water).
- Once the water is boiled, turn off the burner and add the rehydrated seamoss. Cover the pot and allow to steep for 45 minutes.
- Once steeped, and strained add sea moss to blender. Add the water used to steep it into the blender and blend it all until it is completely liquified.
- Place the liquified Pure Jamaican Sea Moss in a glass airtight container and place in the fridge. This will prevent it from spoiling.
The Sea Moss will thicken into a gel like consistency as it cools, which can take several hours.
**If it doesn’t thicken and stays liquified do not discard the seamoss. This happens due to there being more water added to the process than sea moss. You can use it as it is, or simmer it on the stove for 10-15 minutes to allow it to thicken.